Biblical Integration of Curriculum
Since we believe that the Bible is applicable to all of life, the Scriptures are integrated into every subject taught at Hillcrest Christian Academy.
Bible: The Bible is taught as an absolute truth, as God’s Holy Word given to us to guide us each and every day in all we say and do.
- Science: The students learn that God has a plan for each one of us and for everything that is in His world. The natural sciences are seen as examples of God’s infinite wisdom and creative power.
- Math: Math is an opportunity to show that there is order in God’s world as the children learn the progression of numbers and the concepts of time, measurement, and mathematical functions.
- History: The students learn about America’s Christian heritage and how God has worked throughout all of history for His own purposes.
- Music: The Bible tells us to “make a joyful noise unto the Lord.” The students sing hymns and praise songs as part of daily opening exercises.
- Language Arts: The main purpose is to be able to learn and share God’s Word through reading and writing. Creativity and expression through language are seen as gifts from God to be used for His greater glory.
- Physical Education: As students grow in stature, their motor skills are continually being developed through indoor and outdoor physical activities, as we remember that our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit.