Statement of Faith
By admin 0 Comment
- God is the Creator and Sustainer of all things and the source of all truth. He has revealed Himself to mankind through His creation (Gen 1:26, 37) and through His inspired and authoritative written Word, the Bible (2 Timothy 3:15-17). There is one God, eternally existent in three persons; God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. (Deut. 6:4; Is. 43:10-11; Matt 28:19; Mark 12:29).
- Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, His teachings and miracles, His atoning death on mankind’s behalf, His resurrection, ascension and personal future return to Earth. (John 17:5; Phil. 2:5-11; Heb. 1:2)
- Mankind is prone to sin and in need of a Savior (Rom. 3:23). The only means of being adopted into the family of God is through repentance and faith in the precious blood of Jesus Christ. (John 3:3, 16-17). We experience the New Birth through regeneration, justification, sanctification, and adoption into the family of God (John 3:3; Rom. 10:10-15; Eph. 2:1-10; Titus 2:11, 3: 5-7).
- We are enabled to live a morally good life through the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling we continue to devote ourselves to God (Acts 4:31-33; Rom. 12:1-2; 1 Thess. 5:23). The continued work of the Holy Spirit in the believer’s life results in a Spirit-filled life, growing in its Biblical and personal potential in graces and gifts (Gal. 5:22-26: 1 Cor. 12-14).
- We believe the Church is made up of all who have experienced the New Birth. Jesus is the head of the Church, and the Church gathers to worship and experience God, train in discipleship, serve in ministry, reach the world with the Good News, and share in fellowship with one another. The local church under the care of pastors is a valid expression of the will of God (Matt. 28:19; Eph. 1:22-23, 4:11-16).
- The redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides help and healing of the body, mind and spirit in answer to believing prayer (Isa. 53:45; Matt. 8:16; James 5:13-16). The work of physicians can be a valid and important instrument of that healing.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved to everlasting life, and the lost to everlasting death and torment. (1 Thess. 4:16-17; Matt. 25:45-46; Rev. 19:20; 20:11-15)